Dr. Abhimanyu Kapoor
Gastrointestinal (G.I), Laparoscopic, Bariatric and G.I Oncosurgeon.
- Three years (2005-08) general surgical training from S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur
- Four years Senior Residency (2008-12) in Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplant unit at SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- Selected for the three year MCh program in 2009 in Surgical Gastroenterology
- Passed in first attempt in the exit exam conducted in June 2012
- Expertise in performing elective and emergency cases in
- All G.I oncosurgeries
- Minimal access surgery (laparoscopic, thoracoscopic)
- Upper gastrointestinal surgeries
- Bariatric surgeries
- Abdominal wall reconstruction (AWR)
Present work profile:
Working as Chief consultant and Head in the Department of G.I surgery at Regency Hospital Limited (RHL), Kanpur since July 2012. RHL is 500-bedded private super-specialty corporate hospital and is a renowned leader in health-care in Uttar Pradesh.
- From Government Medical College, Patiala
- Medical school attendance from August 1998 to December 2003
- One-year internship from January 2004 to December 2004 from Rajendra Hospital, Patiala
- In specialty of General Surgery
- From S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur
- Duration of training – Three years, from May 2005 to May 2008
- In super-specialty of Surgical Gastroenterology
- From Department of Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplant Unit, SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- Three years training program from 1st Jul 2009 to 30th Jun 2012
Dr. Abhimanyu Kapoor is a dynamic, immensely talented, Gastrointestinal (G.I), Laparoscopic, Bariatric and G.I Oncosurgeon.
His Qualifications are – MBBS, M.S, M.Ch – G.I Surgery, FAMASI, FIAGES
Young, energetic and passionate; he already has an experience of over 15 years in the field of surgery. He has had an illustrious and meritorious academic record. He has the distinct and proud achievement of securing First position in all the MBBS professional exams. He was declared the “Best medical Graduate” at Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab. He did his M.Ch in G.I Surgery from the prestigious Surgical Gastroenterology department at SGPGIMS, Lucknow. He was one of the youngest surgeons in the country to successfully accomplish the super-specialty training.
He was also one of the youngest to be awarded the Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery.
He is associated with Regency Hospital, Kanpur as Consultant and Head of the Department of Gastrointestinal, Laparoscopic, Bariatric and G.I Cancer Surgery.
He lead the G.I Surgery department to new heights and developed an excellent team that caters to all complex and demanding diseases and surgeries.
Apart from being a great team leader, Dr. Abhimanyu is known to be frank, committed, honest and transparent in all his dealings with his patients and colleagues. He pays utmost importance to his patient’s problems and goes an extra mile to address all the questions and confusions arising in his patient’s mind. He treats all his patients with kindness, consideration and empathy. By virtue of his knowledge, sharp clinical acumen, tedious surgical skills, impeccable decision making, humble and helpful nature, Dr. Abhimanyu has become one of the most trusted doctors in the region. He considers “Trust” as his main asset which he has earned over his long association with his fellow doctors all over the country as well as thousands of patients and their families who rely upon him when it is the question of their life and health.
In order to keep himself familiar with the latest and best treatment options for his patients, he travels extensively across India and the world to conduct and participate in workshops, conferences and seminars. Dr. Abhimanyu Kapoor is an excellent educator and orator. His lectures, talks, seminars have won several accolades at various reputed national and international platforms.
He strongly believes in disseminating scientific ideas and in spreading health awareness. He is the founder of the channel “Healthy Bytes” that provides awareness and education about very common medical problems. Made in very simple and easy to understand language, the videos in this channel provide the viewers much needed information about common medical issues. Dr. Abhimanyu collaborates with his colleagues and various other experts in medical field to impart true, scientific and unbiased information to the viewers via the social media platform “YouTube”.